Code of Conduct - for Players & Parents
- Play football for the fun and enjoyment of it – not just to please your parents or coaches.
- Always play by the rules.
- Never question referees’ or assistant referees’ decisions
- Always control your temper.
- Work equally hard for both yourself and the team. In this way, your team’s performance will benefit – and so will your own.
- Be a good sport. Appreciate all good play whether by your team or your opponents.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated – with respect. Don’t interfere with, bully, or take unfair advantage of anyone.
- Remember that the real goals of the game are to enjoy it, improve your skills and feel good – don’t show off.
- Co-operate with coaches, team mates and opponents – without them you don’t have a game!
- Remember that children are involved in sport for their enjoyment and benefit – not yours.
- Always encourage your child to play by the rules.
- Teach your child that losing must be accepted without undue disappointment.
- Never ridicule children for making a mistake.
- Do not coach either your child or other team members.
- Never question the officials’ judgement – nor their honesty.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from the game.
- Monitor the number of games your child plays. Make sure your child has fully recovered from injury before playing again.