Five Kent players have reached the final stage of the selection process for this season’s England Under 18 squad.
- Jason Hawes ( Ravenswood School, Bromley)
- Jack Maddams (Sir Joseph Williamsons Mathematical School, Rochester)
- Nick Rich ( Tunbridge Wells Grammar School for Boys)
- Chris Smalling ( Chatham Grammar School for Boys)
- Ashley Ulph ( Maidstone Grammar School for Boys)
Having impressed at regional trials and the first national trial at Lilleshall, they are now in a group of 32 players invited for the final trial, also at Lilleshall, from 11th to 13th January.
John Coles, long-serving manager of the Kent Schools Under 18 team, said “ Kent has an excellent record of providing players for the England Squad in recent years, and all five boys have done tremendously well to reach this stage.”
He added: “This is further evidence of the strength of schools football in Kent at all levels, but particularly so at the Under 18 age group.”